As you prayerfully consider serving as a Deacon during the coming year, please read and indicate your commitment to the following:
• I believe the Lord is calling me to this ministry.
• I will attend monthly Deacon meetings.
• I will uphold the Deacon responsibilities, understanding that they may change or be added to.
• I will pray for and with our pastor at the altar during Sunday services, in my personal prayer time, and as the Holy Spirit leads me.
• I will make myself available and participate in serving the Lord’s Supper and Sunday team responsibilities of baptism, etc.
• I will make myself available for hospital visitation, writing notes, making calls, etc., the week my team is serving.
• I will attend (appropriate) Deacon training meetings.
• I will protect the privacy and reputation of the individuals and families who share through personal contact and prayer requests by not sharing this information outside the Deacon body.
Please also read the qualifications of being a Deacon by clicking here.