Chaplain Payne is a native of Holland, Michigan and served in Baptist Churches in Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, and Tennessee. He was commissioned as an Air Force Reserve chaplain in 2002 and began active duty in 2006. He is a licensed marriage and family therapist and is endorsed for chaplaincy by the North American Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention. He has recently been selected for the rank of Colonel and anticipates completing a Doctor of Philosophy in counselor education and supervision, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary in 2024. Josh and his wife Danielle have two adult sons, Ian and Owen.
- For wisdom and strength from the Lord for Josh in leading chaplaincy for thousands of soldiers each with needs and hardships.
- For wisdom and strength for Danielle as she ministers to families in our military community
- For our family relationships over distance
- For wisdom for Ian’s ongoing next steps after university graduation
- For Owen as he continues his education at Belmont.