After seven years of working as a Registered Nurse in cancer care in the Mid-TN area, Amy relocated to South Africa in 2011 as a Brentwood Baptist missionary to work for Living Hope, where she met and married Steve, who was born and raised in Cape Town. They have been married 7 years with two beautiful children, Anna born in 2017, and Luke born in 2019. They are blessed to both work for Living Hope where Amy is currently the Donor Coordinator and Steve works as the Facilities Manager for the 8 campuses that Living Hope runs.
Living Hope is a grassroots Christian non-profit organisation in the Southern Peninsula of Cape Town, South Africa whose vision is to reach people for Christ, Bringing Hope and Breaking the despair of poverty and disease. Living Hope undertakes community development through over 44 various educational, social, income generation, and health related programs. Living Hope plays a vital role in the prevention, care and treatment of people infected and affected by HIV/AIDS and other chronic illnesses.
- Wisdom and provision in ministry as we respond to local crises
- Safety in the face of growing crime rate
- New and deepened friendships with non-believers
- Increased influence and impact for the spread of the Gospel in our local area
- Ongoing funding for our family for long term sustainability