I am a guy. In a world of Twitter and Instagram, I like the things I read to be quick and to the point. So here’s five things you need to know about Anvil:
1. ANVIL IS FOR GUYS.
Specifically, ANVIL is for guys in grades 6 thru 12, their dads, and student ministry leaders/mentors. There is dedicated time for dads to meet together and be side by side with their sons. Leaders/mentors are there to be examples and role models in the lives of young men.
2. ANVIL IS ABOUT THINGS THAT MATTER.
Jesus said in John 10:10, “…I have come that you may have life and have it abundantly.” Jesus wants us to enjoy life and live it in relationship with Him. We do ANVIL to point guys towards living, loving, and leading in Jesus Christ.
3. ANVIL IS QUICK AND TO THE POINT.
It’s a 24-hour retreat that’s loaded. There is competition, teamwork, exotic meat, a massive mallet, worship, examining Scripture, and more.
4. ANVIL IS AN EXPERIENCE.
It is time away; a break from the norm; an invitation to journey into Scripture and life with other guys.
5. ANVIL NEEDS YOU.
There are a few ways you can join ANVIL:
- Attend. If you’re a guy, a student, or the dad of a student, C’MON! Registration info is HERE.
- Send Your Guy. If you’re not a guy, send your student (and their dad).
- Pray. We are counting on your prayers before, during, and after ANVIL. Pray that the Lord moves and our ears and hearts will be open to hear from the Holy Spirit.