A Sweet and Simple Treat!
These aren’t your usual chestnuts roasting on an open fire. These honey vanilla almonds are a fragrant and delightful addition to your Christmas party snack tray. And the best part is that these simple treats won’t take up too much of your time as you’re getting everything else ready for the holidays. Who knows? You may even want to keep this recipe around all year!
Honey Vanilla Almonds
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
2 cups unsalted almonds
3 tablespoons of honey
3 tablespoons of water
¼ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Dash of nutmeg
- Place your almonds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the almonds into the cold oven, then heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roast the almonds for approximately 15 minutes, or until they are fragrant.
- While the almonds are roasting, combine your honey, water, and vanilla in a small pot. Bring it to a boil.
- Next, remove the almonds from oven, and place them into the pot with your honey mixture. Stir the almonds in until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Then, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a small bowl.
- Once the liquid from the honey mixture has been absorbed, transfer the almonds back to the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture onto the almonds.
- Allow the almonds to fully cool. Enjoy!