Peace on Earth!
Jesus is the true Prince of Peace, and today, the whole family will have a chance to create a symbol the peace on earth that only Jesus can bring—the crown of peace! Show off your creativity by designing and decorating your own special crown to remind you of the peace that Jesus offers to those who place their trust in Him.
The Crown of Peace
1 sheet of construction paper (9×12) per crown
- Cut your construction paper in half lengthwise so that it measures 4.5″ x 12″.
- Next, fold one piece in half lengthwise. Then, cut it in half so that it measures 2.5″ x 12″. You will use these two pieces to create the band of the crown. (Depending on the size of the child, you may only need one piece.)
- Fold the remaining large piece in widthwise so that it measures 4.5″ x 6″.
- Use your pencil to draw out the crown shape of your choice. Then, you will cut it out with scissors. When you unfold it, you will have a fun crown!
- Now, you can decorate your crown with markers, glitter glue, and foam stickers. Then, wait for it to dry.
- Once it’s dry, tape one edge of the long strip to one side of the crown from the inside. Then, wrap the crown around the child’s head to measure and trim the excess.
- Lastly, tape the ends together.
Setting The Scene
One of the titles that Jesus received as a little baby in a manger was “Prince of Peace.” This means that even as a baby, He was the Son of God who would be able to bring true peace on earth—peace between God and His people, but also peace among the people themselves. This crown serves as a reminder to us that Jesus is the true Prince of Peace and that we can help spread peace on the earth through His love.
“For a child will be born for us,
a son will be given to us,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
He will be named
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.” —Luke 2:8-10